Our Community photo competition 2021
ELCAP’s annual photo competition, Our Community, is now open for entries.
Our vision is that everyone, no matter what their individual support needs, is able to live to their full potential and be an active and valued member of our community.
Our community is at the heart of everything ELCAP does. With that in mind, ELCAP is asking our Support Practitioners and the individuals they work with to think about the activities, people and places in East Lothian and Midlothian that are important to them.
Once they’ve done that, we are inviting staff to take a photo of the individual they support doing something they enjoy in our community. Rather than arrange something special for the photo shoot, we are interested in capturing the everyday things that matter to people.
The following prizes are up for grabs:
- 1st prize: £100.00 East Lothian Gift Cards for the winning Support Practitioner and the individual they support.
- 2nd prize: £50.00 East Lothian Gift Cards for each of the runners-up.
- 3rd prize: £25.00 East Lothian Gift Cards for the two members of the team who come third.
The gift cards can be used in over 120 East Lothian businesses, including cafes, restaurants, and shops.
The rules of the competition are as follows:
- A maximum of three entries per person is permitted.
- Photos must have been taken in 2021, in East Lothian or Midlothian.
- Photos must be available for use in ELCAP publications and on our social media.
- Entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00pm on the closing date of Thursday 30 September 2021.
Looking ahead to the competition, ELCAP Chief Executive Paul White said:
“Like all charities, ELCAP is keen to raise awareness of the positive impacts we make. As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. That’s why we’re encouraging the individuals we support and our staff to share photos which tell a story about them and our community.
You don’t need to be a brilliant photographer to take part in the competition, so everyone who wants to can get involved.”
A reminder of our winners from the 2020 competition is available via this link.