ELCAP is Recognised for Excellence
ELCAP has been Recognised for Excellence at 4-star level against the prestigious EFQM Model.
The EFQM Model is a globally recognised management framework that supports organisations in managing change and improving performance.
Reflecting on the success, ELCAP Chief Executive Paul White said:
“Our mission is to become the recognised gold standard in social care by empowering the individuals we support, our staff and our community to grow and succeed.
We want everyone involved with ELCAP to have a quality experience. The EFQM Model provides the structure to consider what we’re doing well and what we could do differently or better.
Our Business Manager, Kelly Cunningham, led us on our EFQM journey. I am grateful to Kelly and to our Board, staff and stakeholders for helping us gain this important recognition.”
The EFQM Model is underpinned by three “big picture” questions:
- Why does an organisation exist? What purpose does it fulfil? Why this particular strategy? (Direction)
- How does it intend to deliver on its purpose and strategy? (Execution)
- What has it achieved to date? What does it intend to achieve tomorrow? (Results)
In addition to a detailed written submission, ELCAP’s status in relation to the EFQM Model was tested during a week-long assessment by an expert independent team. The assessment team, which was made up of highly experienced assessors with international experience of quality improvement, included:
- Ola Lindwall, a senior quality management consultant, with a wealth of experience in the automative industry. Ola lives in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- Janet Robertson, Lead Assessor and Director of EFQM Scotland.
- Jackie McLaren, a member of the leadership team at TSI Moray.
- Anthony Spanos, an EFQM Ambassador, based in Athens, Greece.
Reflecting on ELCAP’s experience of the assessment, White said:
“We were fortunate and pleased to have the opportunity to work with a very strong assessment team, with years of EFQM experience. Anthony, Jackie, Janet and Ola looked in forensic detail at what we do, why we do it and the difference we make.
Most importantly, they identified a range of improvement areas which can help us build on the success of our organisation to date.”
In addition to being Recognised for Excellence, ELCAP is accredited at Platinum level against the Investors in People (IIP) standard.